As we look forward to the new year and form our goals, we can’t help but remember all we gave back to the community this past year. We are fortunate to have accomplished all we have, and giving back is a small way to say thank you and to pay our fortune forward to help others.
This year, we contributed to the following organizations:
- Women and Children
- Cornerstone Christian School
- Cheryl Heimes Memorial Scholarship Fund
- St. Pius School
- Aerotek Charitable Golf Tournament
- Children’s Hospital
- Dollar General Literacy Foundation
- Omaha Lightning Non-Profit Basketball organization
- Food Bank for the Heartland
We hope everyone has a great 2014!
Let’s face it- no one wants to work this week. Maybe it’s because we always had this week off from school when we were little, or we have little ones now who have the week off. But, many of us do have to work for various reasons. Adding a little fun to the week helps keep spirits up.
|Our ugly sweaters|
In typical BAT fashion, we had a little fun already this week with a contest. Yesterday, we donned our favorite over-the-top Christmas sweaters and we judged each sweater’s ugliness. Joe Kier proudly won the ugly sweater contest.
From our family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas!
This is the time of year when we traditionally look back and think about all we have accomplished. This year, we are proud of quite a bit:
- Increased our employees by 30 percent
- Up 40 percent gross sales on our military division
- Increased our carrier base by 25 percent
- Certified as a Veteran Owned Small Business in April
Stay in touch with us (by following this blog, liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter or Google+) to see all we accomplish in 2014.
|Phillip proudly pumps
his bat trophy in the air.
This weekend, BAT celebrated the past year with our annual Christmas party. But, this year was different- it was the first year we celebrated our team members with an awards ceremony called the Battys.
The highlights were:
- Stephen Sinclair winning three awards- Biggest Weasel (for weaseling his way out of things), Biggest Brown Nose and Worst Timing.
- Phillip Kinsey getting three “trophies” for his award, the Phil in the Blank Award.
- Joe Kier and Steve Barnes winning Funniest in the Office.
- Maureen Shea winning the award for Biggest Breakfast Bill.
- Marissa Hough winning the Tree Hugger Award.
The party was held at the Strategic Air and Space Museum in Ashland, Neb. We got to try out a flight simulator and check out the exhibits at the museum. For musical entertainment, Smoke ‘n Guns came all the way from Nashville, Tenn. to perform.
|Smoke ‘n Guns performs.|
Today is Cyber Monday, and many of us are patiently waiting for break to shop. But, after clicking whatever button completes the purchase, a flurry of activity happens to get the package from the warehouse to the front door.
Here’s a brief video the National Retail Federation shared that goes behind the shipping scenes: Ship the Box
There’s also this neat video The Telgraph posted of Amazon’s warehouse: