Spelunking: Go With Seuss
Most of us grew up reading the words of Dr. Seuss. He inspired us to try new things on trains and boats, told us of the places we’ll go and that we can find fun everywhere. Tomorrow is his birthday.
While modes of transportation (okay, and fish) always seem to pop up in his books, one book in particular had 37. In Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!, Dr. Seuss suggests feet, a jet and a zumble-zay as just a few ways to leave.
While we love all the creative modes of transportation, we also love the lessons we can still learn as adults from his stories. In Horton Hatches the Egg, for example, we learn the rewards of being faithful.
So, whether you have a bike, crank-car or mountain mover, get your hands on a Dr. Seuss book this weekend and see how he can continue to inspire you. Not sure where to start? Here are some of the BAT team members’ favorite Seuss books:
- Steve Barnes- Green Eggs and Ham, followed by There’s a Wocket in My Pocket
- Ralph Blank- Wacky Wednesday
- Lacey Carlson- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
- Katie Forney- The Lorax
- Marissa Hough- Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- Ashley Jankowski- Fox in Socks or Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- Joe Kier- Hop on Pop
- Cindy Moreno- Fox in Socks
- Krysten Parrish- Green Eggs and Ham
- Maureen Shea- Oh, The Places You’ll Go!